10 interesting facts about flowers
- In the 1600s, poppy bulbs in the Netherlands were more expensive than gold.
- In Malta, chrysanthemums are associated with funerals and are considered a sign of failure.
- The ancient Egyptians considered the lotus a sacred flower and used it in funeral ceremonies. They considered it as a symbol of resurrection and eternal life.
- In ancient times, the juice of blue flowers was used to make glue.
- The sunflower rotates in the direction of the sun during the day, from east to north.
- The flower known as Angelica has been used for centuries in Europe as a cure for a number of ailments.
- In ancient Rome, the scientist compared the gladiolus flower with the gladiator's sword, which was used on the battlefield. He named the blooming gladiolus from the Latin word gladius.
- The first and oldest flowering plant in the world was Monchegia.
- Poppy can replace onions in dishes.
- They say that the aroma of burgundy flowers smells like a bar of chocolate.