About the flowers listed in the Red Book
The earth strives for perfection, and in this matter it is supported by flowers with their tenderness and luxury. However, sometimes the unscrupulous attitude of a person, unfavorable climatic conditions and natural disasters put some representatives of the flora at risk of extinction, proving the fact that flowers are everywhere, even in the Red Book.
Created in 1948, the World Union studies plants that are on the verge of extinction, makes a list of them and is engaged in the protection of these plants. And now we will talk about those plants that have found their place in the Red Book of RA.
- Heliotrope - the plant mainly blooms in July-September. It grows in moist places, on pastures, on dry, rocky slopes. Some species of this plant can serve as a medicine. But, unfortunately, its beauty has found its place among plants that are on the verge of extinction.
- Some types of Primula have found their place here - These are Caucasian endemic plants that appeared in the first editions of the Red Book of the Republic of Armenia.
- Trifolium angustifolium - found in the Zangezur flower district. Part of the beautiful and delicate flower population has been preserved on the territory of the state reserve "Shikaoh".
- Tansy - The flowers, leaves and stem of the bee plant have an antimicrobial effect and are used against insects. And essential oils are used in pharmacology. And, despite its beneficial properties, this plant has also taken its place in our Red Book.
- Ophioglossum - In Armenia, they are common in the floristic areas of Aparan and Zangezur. This is a species in critical condition. Due to the anthropogenic factor, the type is threatened by a reduction in the regions of distribution and residence.
Our list contains a small part of such plants. Flowers Home dedicated this blog to plants in the danger zone in order to urge humanity to take care of nature and not create conditions that will expose beautiful plants to the danger of destruction.
Enjoy the harmony of the floral world and remember that we are also part of the beautiful nature in which these innocent creatures live.
Sincerely yours, Flowers Home.